FreeOTFE4PDA is a free, open source, "on-the-fly" (OTFE) transparent disk encryption program.
Using this software, you can create one or more "virtual memory cards" on your PDA - anything written to which will be automatically, and securely, encrypted before being stored.
- Source code freely available
- Easy to use; full wizard included for creating new volumes
- Powerful: Supports numerous hash/encryption algorithms, and provides a greater level of flexibility than a number of other (including commercial!) OTFE systems
- Hash algorithms include: MD5, SHA-512, RIPEMD-160, Tiger and many more
- Cyphers include AES (256 bit), Twofish (256 bit), Blowfish (448 bit), Serpent (256 bit) and many more
- "Hidden" volumes may be concealed within other FreeOTFE volumes, providing "plausible deniability"
- Encrypted volumes have no "signature" to allow them to be identified as such
- Modular design allowing 3rd party drivers to be created, incorporating new hash/cypher algorithms
- Supports password salting (up to 512 bits), reducing the risks presented by dictionary attacks.
- Keyfile support included; store volumes and their associated metadata separately.
- Uses per-sector IVs, including support for ESSIV
- Volume file timestamps and attributes are reset after dismounting, increasing "plausible deniability"
- Plus more...!
A PC version is also available, allowing data encrypted on your PC to be read/written on your PDA, and vice versa
FreeOTFE4PDA is a free software application from the Encryption Tools subcategory, part of the Security & Privacy category.
The app is currently available in English, Croatian, Czech, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish and it was last updated on 2010-02-07. The program can be installed on Pocket PC, Win2000, Win7 x32, Win7 x64, WinMobile, WinOther, WinServer, WinVista, WinVista x64, WinXP, Other.
FreeOTFE4PDA (version 5.21) has a file size of 1.20 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 228 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.